Now Hiring Dynamic Individuals!
Do you have a passion for tinkering, designing, inventing, making, or art? Would you like to share your passion with K-12 teachers and students?
Innovators-in-Residence partner with teachers at metro Atlanta K-12 schools to develop and implement quality Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Mathematics (STEAM) curriculum. Innovators will work to create student-centered projects, as well as support engaging STEAM-focused after-school programs.
The Georgia Tech Center for Education Integrating Science, Mathematics, and Computing (CEISMC) is seeking dynamic individuals for its 2021-2022 Innovators-in-Residence cohort.
Duration: June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until all positions have been filled.
For more information contact us at email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
● What is an Innovator-in-Residence?
An Innovator-in-Residence is a person who works along with teachers to innovate the curriculum and integrate all parts of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) into hands-on projects.
● Is this a full-time position or part-time position?
The Innovators-in-Residence are part-time contractors working up to 20 hours per week.
● Is this a paid position or a volunteer position?
The Innovators-in-Residence is a paid position at $20 per hour.
● What is the schedule like for an Innovators?
The Innovators will work 2 days and a half-day, up to 20 hours a week.
● Will the Innovators be working with teachers and students?
Yes, the Innovators will work primarily with the teachers to create a curriculum and could work with the teachers to co-teach the lessons and implement them.
● What sort of time commitment does this residency involve?
The Innovators work a full year starting on June 1st and ending on May 31st every year. The Innovators are required to attend a monthly virtual meeting and turn in their portfolio with all of their work at the end of the year.
● What school districts are part of the Innovators-in-Residence Program?
● What if I have a commitment during the summer, but I can commit to the academic school year?
Those cases are handled case by case depending on the number of schools being served and the needs of the program.
● Is transportation required to travel to the school assigned?
Yes, we do ask to have access to reliable transportation (own car, bus, metro, etc) to travel to the school assigned.
● Are international candidates are allowed to be a part of the Innovators-in-Residence program?
Yes, but they have to qualify and adhere to work based on their visa terms and conditions
● Is sponsorship provided for international candidates?
No, our program does not provide sponsorship for international students.